Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Book Twelve- Not MY Fault....

Hey Everyone!

So last night, as I told you all when I last blogged, I began to tell Alkinoos and his people the story of my voyage... Today, I resumed my story, as I will now...

So, after visiting all of those extremely creepy dead people, we sailed ALL the way back to Aiaia to bury Elpenor's body. Once again,the immortally beautiful Kirke told us what would happen for the rest of our journey.. Anyways, she told us that the first obstacle that we would face would be the Sirens, followed by
Scylla and Charybdis (neither of which I really wanted to meet...ew...) So, when we actually set sail from Aiaia, and we came to the Sirens, I had all of my men put wax in their ears like Kirke had told me to. So, while they couldn't hear the Sirens' songs, I was tied to the mast of the boat. I was so curious about how the Sirens sounded I HAD to hear. I had my crew maneuver the boat past the Sirens' island as I writhed on the mast of the boat, trying to escape... Next, we came to Scylla, the six-headed monster. It ate six of my men, but we continued on. Next came Charybdis, the massive whirlpool that almost sucked down my entire boat. We barely made it out alive...Next came the worst part of my journey...We arrived at the island of Thrinacia, which I dreaded. I made sure to tell my crew NOT to eat any of the livestock from the island, but they didn't listen. It's not MY fault they all died! So pretty much that's how I ended up all alone and adrift at sea...Tragic eh?

Xoxo,
Odysseus

P.S. Here's a picture of me and the sirens... Doesn't look like a fun time, does it?...




No comments: