Thursday, February 14, 2008

Book Four- Sorry I Know This Is Getting Old...

Hey Guys.
I just had the worst day EVER. I hit a huge wave and there's like seventy billion new things to fix on the boat...SOOOO, for your viewing (or reading?) pleasure, I've brought back our favorite guest blogger!!! (And no, I still haven't read any of his blogs...they seem so long and depressing.....)

What's up everyone???
OMG I had the best day EVER!!! I went to visit Menelaus and his wife, Helen, and I found out that my father might still very well be alive!! I have also learned of the greatness of my father's courage. He had such a powerful role in the Trojan War that I didn't even realize before now! If it weren't for him, the Greeks surely would not have won the war! I don't know how I will ever be able to live up to him... It's almost as if I'm finding myself afraid to find my father, for fear of what he'll think of me... What if he finds me dishonoring my family by leaving my mother all alone with those horrible suitors? What if he expected me to come for him years ago? Will he be disappointed with me? However, we need him back at home, for things will eminently end up in turmoil if he doesn't come home soon! Either way, Menelaus told me about how he heard of my father, alive, being captured by Calypso on her island, so I have some idea of where he is now! Yay! Also, I really just want to write a little bit about my new friend Menelaus. I am so grateful to him for allowing me to stay with him, for if he didn't, I would have absolutely no idea where my father was! I love the hospitality of everyone around here, and how they all go so much out of their way to help me. They are not getting anything out of it at all, but it is very helpful to travelers like myself. Anyways, I'd better get to bed, there's a long day ahead. Here's a picture of Menelaus so you can all see the face that has done so much for me.

Love,
Telemakhos


Wow, okay. So I'd better get back to patching up this boat so I can get home at last! Sometimes I wonder about my son, Telemakhos. I wonder what he's doing right now... I hope he doesn't think I'm a terrible father for leaving him for so long...Anyways, getting back to the boat... Have a good one, everyone.
Toodles-
Odysseus

No comments: