Wow, this is probably the worst way to have the beginnings of a blog EVER, but seriously I have been sooo seriously busy lately! I mean, my boat breaks down and stuff at every island I come to! It's ridiculous! Anyway, currently I have a broken mast and a hole in the side of the starbird side of the deck, so I'd better go fix those...BUT, a lot of you have been liking what my guest blogger has to say (although I haven't personally had time to read it) so I'll have that again today! Here goes:
Hello Everybody,
My journey has come to its first stop. Just a few days ago, we were sailing along, when Athena told me to stop at a certain island called Neleus. The people there were all so nice, and they all offered us food and shelter! Maybe I should be more like that with the suitors...The people of Neleus gave me food and they didn't even know me; these suitors have been living with me for so long...but then again they just take my food anyways, so why should I bother to grant it to them? Anyways, upon the island, Athena told me to go talk to a man called Nestor. I was scared at first, because I am sure that I'm not yet ready to face the world alone, but Athena came with me, so it was all good. Anyways, Nestor was an old master charioteer, and he was very wise with age. Supposedly he knew where my dad was, so I went up to his house. With the heart Athena gave me, I had the power to speak to him, and ask him if he knew about my father's whereabouts from their battle together at Troy. He spoke of their terrible battle, and how the wills of the gods had turned against them. I wonder why they would ever do that? I thought that the gods were always good and helpful as long as you respected them... Is it possible to change the will of the gods? He asked me this question and it still burns in my head...What if Athena turned against me? I would easily be dead, with this sea and no Mentor...Anyways, even though Nestor didn't assure me of it, I'm pretty sure my dad is dead...Which, I know, is a terrible thought to come upon, but I just can't see any other solution! Of course, I'll continue my journey until I come upon proof of my theory, but a lot of my hope has been lost after this visit with Nestor, who I am staying with now. He asked me to stay with him for the night, even though he also told me not to remain from home long...He claimed that the suitors would attempt to steal my things! Would real men really do such things!? It seems simply too cruel, but I guess there are things about those men that I don't understand, considering my age...I really do hope that this voyage helps me understand about my own life, for then I actually WILL be able to understand those men...ALL men! Anyways, I'd better get to bed- we have to wake up early to leave tomorrow.
Bye Everyone,
Telemakhos
(P.S. - Enjoy the picture of me meeting with Nestor down at the bottom XD )
Hmmm...okay so I've managed to fix the broken mast, but in the process I actually discovered ANOTHER hole in the deck...This is NOT good. I'd better go again. Fare well sailors! I promise I'll actually get around to blogging one of these days!
xoxo,
Odysseus

No comments:
Post a Comment