Thursday, February 21, 2008

Book Seven- What Great Hospitality!

Hey Hey Hey!
Whats up everybody?? So I think that when I left off, I was about to head off to Nausicaa's house (aka this new island's castle)... When I ended up actually leaving, I found myself approached by a little girl...She offered to take me to the castle, and for some reason covered me in a protective fog on our way there. (I think that this was Athena again...) Why doesn't anyone want me to be seen? I couldn't walk back to the castle with Nausicaa, and now this? I think that perhaps the people of this island are somewhat scared of newcomers. Hmm... Anyways, as it turns out, the people of this island were having a celebration in the honor of Poseidon, the god who has made my journey so perilous and has done me so much wrong. Then, I saw the queen. I didn't know what else to do, so I bowed to her-- Who quarrels with his host? Only a madman-or no man at all-would challenge his protector among strangers. I made sure to be extra nice to her because I didn't know where I was, and I hoped she could help me home...And get this- they thought I was a GOD! I hadn't even told them who I was, (which I don't plan on doing any time soon) and their king asked if I was god or mortal! Haha I guess I DID look good today... So, I explained to them what had happened, and they agreed to let me take sail tomorrow. Yay!!! They also offered me Nausicaa to have for my wife...OMG. She may be young and beautiful, and however much I want to remain here and make a new life for myself, I would feel so guilty leaving behind my family. :( Although I already have left them alone for quite some time, I feel that they know I'm coming home. :) So, tomorrow I set out for home again! I can't wait! To have a new ship, and a new crew; to be sailing once again in the company of sailors, not just the open sea.. WOW. I'm sooooo excited :)
Alrighty, I'd better rest up for the big day tomorrow!!
Bye bye,
Odysseus

P.S. Here's a picture of me and Nausicaa- we WOULD make a great couple, wouldn't we??



No comments: