Sunday, March 9, 2008

Book Fourteen- Finding Out What People Think of Me...

What's up everybodyy???
I arrived at Eumaios' hut this morning, and although he didn't recognize me, I would recognize my old swineherd anywhere! I decided not to tell him exactly who I was, so that he couldn't tell anyone I was home. I didn't want to suitors finding out and coming after me before I could launch my surprise attack on them! Anyways, Eumaios told me that he had missed me for a long time (although he didn't know I was me...confusing, right?) and he could not stop praising me. It was a major confidence-booster, and I really wanted to take credit for all of the magnificent things that Eumaios was saying, but I knew I couldn't. Instead, I told Eumaios that I was a vagabond from Crete, and that I had fought with Odysseus at Troy. I told him that I had heard in my vast travels that Odysseus was still alive, and that he would return home very soon. Although Eumaios didn't believe me, and thought that I was only saying this to get money from Penelope, he took a liking to me, and is not allowing me to stay with him in his hut. I'm glad to have a place to stay, even if I have to continue to keep my identity to myself, and take on the form of an old vagabond. I'll do anything to see my Penelope again, and to kill the suitors who have been trying to steal her from me! Here's a picture of Penelope...Isn't she beautiful?? I MISS HER!! But I can tell that my journey is almost complete, and at least I don't have to be at sea any longer :)
YAY!

LATER GATORS
-ODYSSEUS




No comments: